Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Update #1

1:45 PM Lindsey, Hunter and I have kept Gage busy with lots of movies and Ipad time.  He has had labs drawn, an IV started and a CT scan of his chest for the surgeon.  Our wonderful Dr. Katz is out of town and so it will be his assistant Olaf Rheinhartz doing the surgery.  He assisted Maeda with Lindsey's transplant.  Meanwhile, Jason, Sierra and Megan are driving madly trying to get here before Gage goes back to surgery.  They will make it as the surgery has been pushed back from 3-4:00 PM

We did get Hunter's hair cut, Gage wanted him to go first.  Gage is next before he goes into surgery and Jason will follow a few days later once Gage feels up to helping with the trim.  So far, Gage is staying brave and strong.  I know inside, he is very nervous.

4:15 PM - Doctors just came in and said that the surgery has now been delayed until 3:00 AM.  Jason and the gang made it here safely and now in plenty of time.  Gage is eating some dinner and hair cuts for the 2 boys are completed.  Jason will wait until later.







.


15 comments:

Reine and Kent Bingham said...

Gage and Hunter are handome young men. Gage is such a strong guy, but we knew,that because he is Gage Aurelius. Stacy, thank you and Jason too for keeping the blog updated. We appreciate you both, as we know how busy you are. Much love and many prayers.

Par 5 said...

Oh man. When I texted you earlier today, I kept wondering how my 8 year old would be holding up, and I'm pretty sure she'd be a wreck searching for a way out (not to mention I'd be in the corner in a panic trying to hook myself up to an iv with pure Diet Coke flowing through it!😉) Gage looks ready! You all look ready! Thanks for the updates!

Unknown said...

You are in GREAT hands with Olaf. He did my daughter Samantha's heart transplant when she was 5 weeks old. Be brave Gage!

Unknown said...

Wow!! Look at those handsome Dudes!! Thanks for the updates and glad to hear Jason and the kids made it A-OK!! Gage, Man of Steel, You got this Buddy!! Prayers for all of you, don't know if many of us will get too much sleep tonight either!! Xoxo

Anonymous said...

You are all in our prayers. Our daughter will celebrate her 19th transplant anniversary and birthday this month. God bless all of our donors, their families and the medical teams.

Marcy said...

Praying, praying, praying!

Taryn said...

Gage Aurelius and family,
Things are going to go great and I'm amazed at how calm Gage and all of you are (or at least putting on a brave face). This is such a gift and I know it means so much to all of you. Your family is an inspiration to me. By the way, where is that camera crew in the back from?

Linda Wentworth said...

Looking very handsome boys!

Anonymous said...

Prayers for Gage and your family tonight! You are all amazing! -Jenilyn Gammon

Jeanette said...

��

Jana said...

So exciting to hear the time has arrived for Gage! Praying everything goes smooth and as planned. Thank you for your updates.

Tiffani said...

Praying for the best. All of our love and good wishes to you Bingham family!!

Cheryl Porter said...

God bless your family, the donor family and your wonderful team of surgeons and staff! Praying for everything to go smoothly. ❤ hugs

Judy said...

How ironic that I have an appointment tomorrow at Stanford as I am a heart patient so obviously nearby, and most likely Gage will still be in surgery when I get to the hospital. When I read your news I was in Marshalls here in Mountain View and went screaming through the store to tell my family. We all cried tears of joy. I have been praying everyday for Gage and your family. I pray that Jesus will calm Gage and all will go well. Your family is so amazing. As you know well you are in the best place at Stanford. Their care is wonderful and I owe so much to my cardiologist. Judy

Anonymous said...

Prayers for strength for all involved. God is Good, Loving and Merciful. He has you all coveted.