Saturday, April 8, 2017

Bad evening, Day 3, 10:15 pm.

Lousy afternoon.  Deja vu from the the Lindsey days 4 years ago.  After the video clip at 3:30 pm Gage slowly declined.  His blood pressure kept rising, his pain got worse and wasn't very responsive. They tried to get on top of it, but it finally caught up with him.  At around 7:30 pm he woke howling with head pain with high blood pressure 160/90.  They added another blood pressure med and got it down below 100/60.  All this time, Stacy was at lunch with some friends, so I was there solo with Gage.  Stacy showed up and tried to console him but he became totally unresponsive.  At that point everyone jumped into gear.  He, like his sisters many years ago, had a seizure.  Needless to say, I was out the door, as doctors and nurses hustled in.  Stacy stayed for a bit but now is out here in the hall with me.

His seizure lasted about 24 minutes.  It was the kind of seizure where he just locks up and stare off into space with a locked jaw.  The doctors gave him 3 more emergency meds and put the ventilator back in.  This is something Stacy and I NEVER wanted to live through again when Lindsey had her seizure on Day 4 and Sierra had hers 10 years ago.  Biggest worry now is to see if there is a brain bleed from the high blood pressure.  As of 10 pm, they are now finishing with the ventilator, then they will wheel him down for a CAT scan.  All things they did with Lindsey.  The deja vu hurts my guts!

10:10 pm Just now, they wheeled past us heading to CAT scan with a huge IV pole, ventilator, monitors, oxygen, and staff members.  Stacy is heading down with them, but I can't handle it.  Hunter, Lindsey and I will head back to the RMH soon.

Great night for a very heart felt prayer for the Man-of-Steel.




Heading down to CAT


35 comments:

Cheryl Porter said...

My heart is heavy for what you are going through. I lift you up in prayer and am sending a hug big enough to wrap around ALL of you. God has you in HIS hand and we have you in our hearts.

Suzy said...

I can't begin to fathom what Gage is going through -- what you all are going through. More prayers here.

Bina said...

Sending love ❤️ and prayers you way from Salt Lake City!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I will be keeping you all in my thoughts tonight.

JesseH said...

My heart aches hearing this news. Sending love, toughts, and prayers.

Renae Winkler said...

I am so sorry this has happened. Prayers for your family from NC. May tomorrow bring better news.

Anonymous said...

Praying right now, and will continue, from High Valley.

Cathy Lambert said...

Big huge hugs to all

Tiffani said...

Oh goodness my heart goes out to you guys. Prayers and love.

Amy Kapuanani said...

Oh no! Prayers for strength and healing for Gage. Sending love and warm energies to you all.

Unknown said...

Sending prayers.

Karen W said...

Prayers, prayers and more prayers. Praying everything goes as well as Sierra and Lindsey's transplants went. I know the man of steel will be feeling better real soon. Hugs to you and your kids.

cici said...

Aww sweet Gage. You tried to warn everyone it wouldn't be easy and were scared.
I sm Praying hor him tonight and for you, Dad, so that you will have strength and courage to not run and hide, but be there by his side, stand strong for him. He needs you!

Nina said...

Prayers for Gage and Bingham family.

Unknown said...

Oh no.

Unknown said...

prayers-- prayers-- prayers--for all of you from Las Vegas

Unknown said...

Sending prayers and good thoughts

Marcy said...

Praying so hard. We are headed to church and in my quiet time I will pray specifically for Gage.

Liz Burton said...

Prayers from Haines. We've been down those LPCH halls, too.

Anonymous said...

I will continue to pray for gage and all of you. May god be with you and gage may he give you strength and healing...amen

Unknown said...

Praying everything is better this morning

Unknown said...

Prayers.

Unknown said...

Prayers.

Anonymous said...

Where are these "videos"??

Unknown said...

Our prayers I with you from Union Oregon.

AngB said...

You are stronger than you know. You and sweet Stacy have inspired millions with that strength that seems not to exist during times of crisis. You have proved you guys can do hard things. My love and prayers are with you and your family. I was struggling with some things yesterday, nothing like what you are dealing with, but the thought occurred to me that at times memories sneak out my eyes and roll down my cheeks. I am so so sorry for the challenges that you and your family have had to deal with. I pray things will get better and that you will find the calm in the storm.

Anonymous said...

My heart hurts for all of you. Praying for Gage and your family.

Anonymous said...

Please know how loved you all are! What a beautiful family you have! I understand your pain , my heart goes out with no others words but Praying❤

Melissa Hamman said...

Lifting you all up in prayer!!

mch43 said...

Prayers and love from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. Hoping for an update soon. Thinking of you all, a family I never met, but feel like I know.

Anonymous said...

Prayers

Cheryl Porter said...

My heart is heavy for what you are going through. I lift you up in prayer and am sending a hug big enough to wrap around ALL of you. God has you in HIS hand and we have you in our hearts.

The Reading Nook said...

How very scary! I'm so sorry!*hugs* Sending healing and love!

Unknown said...

Prayers for you

Anonymous said...

God bless you. Have been through this with one child.So many ups and downs, good and bads. My prayers are with you and your family. God is holding you in his hands. Many prayers.