Monday, July 2, 2012

June 2, Gage is ticked!

10:30 am.
Last night Gage was pretty ticked off.  He didn't feel good, wanted a drink of water NOW, and he was in pain.  They finally got him set up with a morphine drip on a PCA pump.  Meaning, a slow constant drip of pain killer.  They let him have a drink of water or juice.  Wow, he really went to town on that juice.  Once they got the morphine drip going around 11:00 last night, he slept most of the night (hallelujah).  Stacy and I could then get some sleep in a parent's sleep room down the hall. Before that, no way.  He wanted his Mom or Dad now or he wanted a drink of water. This morning he is still sleeping and sucking his bottom lip like Lindsey will do.

Lindsey is doing well... I guess.  They came by this morning at took 2 of the 3 drain tubes out.  That is very good.  Also, they have turned down the ventilator.  Right now (10:30 am) the doctors are rounding and reviewing her status.  They are going over a lot of info and it is stressing me out.  They are going over ekg, x-ray, blood pressures, and at least a dozen other things I don't understand.  They talk really serious and it starts to scare me.  So Stacy is staying out there and I came back in. I just don't want to hear it.  I will let them tell me the stuff I need to know. I want to be out there, but yet I don't.

They gave her some more Versed when they took out the chest tubes, so she has been asleep most the morning.  Things will be much different when both Gage and Lindsey are awake and talking.

I will check back in when the rounding is done.......

4 comments:

Mark and Kristen said...

Yay for fewer tubes. So glad you were able to get a little sleep. Come on, transplant.

Becca Gilbert said...

I seriously can't get over what a blessing it is that you got Gage to California when you did! What a miracle! I'm so glad both of them are doing well! I wish they didn't have to be in pain though :( love you guys, and I'm so glad you got some sleep!! Here's to hoping for good news today!

Bonnie Bingham said...

I'm with you Jason, just let me set with the kids and leave all the other stuff to them..

Hayley Howell said...

Hi Jason and Stacy. I came across your blog from your cousin Amanda (who I went to nursing school with) Just looking through all of your posts has brought me to tears more than once. No family should have to go through this once, let alone 3 times. I just wanted you to know that my children and I pray for both of you and all of your children throughout our day. Your strength is truly inspirational. Your story is such a reminder to what is most important in our lives. I know that God will let your babies heal. What an amazing family you have.