Thursday, January 10, 2013

Jan 10, Day 205, Nice Visit with Katz

Stacy here.
Another wonderful busy day.  Helped the kids off to school, then to the hospital to get Lindsey ready.  Jason stayed at the hospital with Gage, so that I could help at Hunter's school.  I sure enjoy doing that.  It puts a face to the kids Hunter comes home and talks about.  Then, I switched with Jason, he went to his office and Gage and I waited for Lindsey to have lunch with her.  Today, cute little Annalyse and her parents came to eat with us.  It was nice to visit with them.  Annalyse received her transplant 2 months ago.  They are about a month away from being able to go home.  Lindsey's INR was 2.0, which means she has to continue the Lovinox shots twice a day.  They want the level between 2.5 and 3.5. She wasn't very happy, but we don't want any clots.  She takes the shots like a brave champ.

Lindsey went back to school and Gage and I went down to visit with our good friends Trista and Shawn Stockwell, who are here for IVIG and biopsy.  I was having a wonderful visit and had been there maybe 10 minutes (or so it seemed).  Gage had snuggled up and fallen asleep on my lap, everything was nice.  Then, I looked at my watch and realized it was 2:50. That is the time Hunter is let off the bus at the Ronald McDonald House.  I stood up so fast, poor Gage fell and ended in a heap on the floor.  Needless to say, I was a little late getting Hunter and even later getting an enraged preteen to her volleyball practice.  She hates being late to her practices.  Ooopps! It all ended well. At the end of the day all heads were accounted for.

This afternoon, Dr. Katz Meata, the surgeon who will perform Lindsey's transplant, came by just for a visit.  It was very nice of him.  He said he doesn't get a single call that someone asks, "Is that for Lindsey."  There are many people in the hospital rooting for her.  Lindsey was a little worried about what would happen if he was gone.  Would she have to wait longer until another offer came along?  He explained that he doesn't go on vacation hardly ever and if he is gone the other surgeon, Olaf is here and able to do it just fine.  I told him that he would be taking a vacation later on to come visit us in Oregon, and let his sweet family ride some horses in the country.  He lit up and agreed.  He told Lindsey after her transplant that they would like to have her over to play with his daughters. We will look forward to that!

This evening we came back to the RMH a little early to get Gage's picture taken.  The whole family got involved.  Before you knew it, we were all putting on funny hats or dressing up.  It is an amazing service the family provides.  They come every other Thursday and set up shop for 6 hours.  They take all kinds of pictures for the people living at the house.  They were a lot of fun. However, we were still missing Lindsey, as she sat back at the hospital by herself.  It just didn't feel complete.  We will look forward to doing it again when ALL our family is here. It is sure good to be busy.  Time is starting to move again.  We will post those pictures on tomorrow's blog.

Look forward to a visit from my best friend Wendy and her family on Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silly joke for the day:

What do clouds wear under their shorts?
Thunderpants

(Hey, my grandkids thought it was hysterical)

Love and Prayers, Mike and Dale

Anonymous said...

And a grin or 2 for mom and dad:

Buying a Computer


ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?

COSTELLO: Thanks. I’m setting up an office in my den and I’m thinking about buying a computer.

ABBOTT: Mac?

COSTELLO: No, the name’s Lou.

ABBOTT: Your computer?

COSTELLO: I don’t own a computer. I want to buy one.

ABBOTT: Mac?

COSTELLO: I told you, my name’s Lou.

ABBOTT: What about Windows?

COSTELLO: Why? Will it get stuffy in here?

ABBOTT: Do you want a computer with Windows?

COSTELLO: I don’t know. What will I see when I look at the windows?

ABBOTT: Wallpaper.

COSTELLO: Never mind the windows. I need a computer and software.

ABBOTT: Software for Windows?

COSTELLO: No. On the computer! I need something I can use to write proposals, track expenses and run my business. What do you have?

ABBOTT: Office.

COSTELLO: Yeah, for my office. Can you recommend anything?

ABBOTT: I just did.

COSTELLO: You just did what?

ABBOTT: Recommend something.

COSTELLO: You recommended something?

ABBOTT: Yes.

COSTELLO: For my office?

ABBOTT: Yes.

COSTELLO: OK, what did you recommend for my office?

ABBOTT: Office.

COSTELLO: Yes, for my office!

ABBOTT: I recommend Office with Windows.

COSTELLO: I already have an office with windows! OK, let’s just say I’m sitting at my computer and I want to type a proposal. What do I need?

ABBOTT: Word.

COSTELLO: What word?

ABBOTT: Word in Office.

COSTELLO: The only word in office is office.

ABBOTT: The Word in Office for Windows.

COSTELLO: Which word in office for windows?

ABBOTT: The Word you get when you click the blue
“W”.

COSTELLO: I’m going to click your blue “w” if you don’t start with some straight answers. What about financial bookkeeping? You have anything I can track my money with?

ABBOTT: Money.

COSTELLO: That’s right. What do you have?

ABBOTT: Money.

COSTELLO: I need money to track my money?

ABBOTT: It comes bundled with your computer.

COSTELLO: What’s bundled with my computer?

ABBOTT: Money.

COSTELLO: Money comes with my computer?

ABBOTT: Yes. No extra charge.

COSTELLO: I get a bundle of money with my computer? How much?

ABBOTT: One copy.

COSTELLO: Isn’t it illegal to copy money?

ABBOTT: Microsoft gave us a license to copy Money.

COSTELLO: They can give you a license to copy money?

ABBOTT: Why not? THEY OWN IT!

(A few days later)

ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?

COSTELLO: How do I turn my computer off?

ABBOTT: Click on “START”………….

… Author unknown


With continued Love and Prayers, The Olsen Twins