Thursday, January 24, 2013

Jan 24, Thoughts from the plane

Jason checking in from high above Idaho, Nevada and California at 28,000 ft. Good to be heading back to see the family.  Spent the last week gearing up for tax season. We always have a lot of projects that need to be done before we can start into the taxes.  It will be pretty excited this year doing taxes remotely from California, but we are prepared (I think/hope?).  It is always an emotional adjustment heading back to Palo Alto. I have been pushing hard with work, and now I have to step back, calm down and get back into the 3 West routine.

It was hard to leave the house in Oregon, there is so much room there.  I figure we are all going to sleep in a corner of the house when we get back.  For the last few nights I would put in an 'According to Jim' episode and watch it while jogging on the treadmill. I could turn it up as loud as I wanted and nobody cared. One of the episodes (The Hole-in-One) I got giggling so hard I about fell off the treadmill!  That house is still just a dream, a un-real fantasy, a home (and a pretty cool shop) that existed before all this.

It has been such a honor and humbling experience to join so many people in fasting and prayer.  Growing up you never think an experience like this would ever happen to you or your family. It's always those 'other people' you see on Dateline that have the crazy problems.  I never thought I would appreciate and need the thoughts, prayers, fasting and support of so many people from around the world. These last few days has been a real strength to Stacy and I.  We read and draw strength from each comment, letter, package, gift, phone call, joke, and other support we receive.  Thank you for joining with us in this special day of prayer and fasting for our Princess.  I know God, our Heavenly Father, heard and will answer every one of our prayers.

Justin, my brother, stopped by the office today. He was saying after a day of prayer and fasting with so many people, you just kinda expect her transplant will happen any day. It is wonderful to have that kind of hope and faith. Honestly, I struggle with that. There has been several times in the past (last December especially) when Stacy and I both thought we were there and the transplant would happen any day.  I hope it does happen any day, but I don't or can't expect it to happen. I/we have to stay strong for our daughter if it doesn't happen.  It will happen when the perfect heart is prepared. I must have 'Faith in His Timing'.

As for Lindsey, not much to report from Stacy. No news is no news, right? Stacy says it is the same as last week, last month, or last fall, and that is wonderful. The only real issue we have to address (right now) is letting her go to the Sobrato Room without a nurse. This is a great problem to have, but an issue I am going to continue to pursue.

While I was home, I saw the 5 beautiful quilts made for our children. Each one is unique and very thought out. They are very cute and the kids will love them. As I have said before, we are grateful for the countless acts of kindness shown on our behalf.

Need to thank my cousin Theresa and her husband Calvin, she stayed here with my family so I could work back in Oregon. They have 4 boys all very active and she stayed here to help. Thanks to her and Calvin for helping out.  I'm wishing we could have had Theresa do one of our blog updates. She is one of those, 'Say it how she see's it' kinda people. It would have been a good one.

Last of all, I have an pretty hot and amazing wife. Even though we have hardly slept in the same bed (I'm trying harder these days to not complain about that), I truly feel closer to her now more than ever. She is working so hard to keep our little family going, supporting the kids in school and sports, keeping track of all the med's we have floating around the RMH, and keeping Lindsey's spirits up.  She even wants to work one night a week to keep her license up. I have to say, she is one amazing woman I call my wife.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jason, since you have an amazing wife I want to tell you a story told to us in November about another amazing wife. It really pusts things in perspective. In November Dale and I were at a Squadron Reunion in San Diego. Dale flew in the Marine Corps. At this reunion we were privileged to meet General Jim Amos, who is the 35th Commandant of the Marine Corps. He is an amazing man and yet very approachable. he was telling us that his wife grew up in a small town about an hour from there and that the previous day they had driven to the town where she grew up. They stopped for gas there and while he was filling the tank she went into the little convenience store. when she came out she was accompanied by a guy who worked at the store. They talked for a few more minutes then as she left to get back in the car she hugged the guy and waved good bye. When she got back in the car Gen. Amos said, "I suppose that was an old friend?" She told him that they had dated for awhile in high school. After a few minutes General Amos jokingly said to his wife, "just think dear. You could have been married to a gas station attendant all of these years" Mrs. Amso shot back, "No, honey. If I had married him HE would have been the 35th Commandant of the Marine Corps instead of you"

Continued Love and Prayers. Mike and Dale Olsen

Michelle Merrill said...

I am so grateful for all the love and support the Bingham family has received. It is a true testimony of the goodness of people's hearts in a world where so much goes wrong everyday. Thank you Jason and Stacy for your amazing example of faith,hope, love, and charity!I too have FAITH in HIS TIMING! Thank you Bingham Chidren for your examples of an eternal family! None of you are selfish! You all give to make your situation work and I strongly admire that! Thank you for the opportunity to fast and pray in a manner I have not done so for a while. Now, on a lighter note, Jason- That is one of the funniest According to Jim episodes ever!!! It's even funnier you fell off the treadmill! Something Jim totally would do! Love you all, God Bless you!

Elizabeth said...

Dear Jason and Stacy - What a joy and a privilege it was to fast for your sweet Lindsey and for your whole family this past Wednesday. I had an interesting experience and wanted to share it with you. I spent as much of the day would allow reading scriptures, pondering on your situation and with a prayer in my heart for your family. When I went to bed that evening and knelt to say my prayers I was overwhelmed by feelings for the donor family. Through my tears I poured out my heart to Heavenly Father on their behalf, for them to truly cherish every moment with their sweet child. I prayed they would feel God's love for them when the time came and would be at peace and blessed for their decision to donate. I prayed they would be comforted when the time came. As I prayed my thoughts kept going toward my little Thomas who is only 7. I couldn't help but think, "Do I show him every day and every waking moment how much I cherish and love him? Do I really show all of my boys how much they are loved?" The next morning I struggled to send Thomas off to school, not wanting to have him out of my sight, and gave him an extra big hug and kisses before I watched him walk away from the car into the school. When he turned around spontaneously to blow me a kiss it was all I could do to not start bawling in front of him, but just smile and blow a kiss back. All Thursday morning my thoughts continued to be with the donor family, hoping and praying that they were cherishing their little one. By lunch time I couldn't stand it any more, I went to the school with the intent of taking Thomas home for the rest of the day. Then it happened, as I walked into the lunch room, and he saw me. He gave me his radiant smile and a big hug. He was so happy to see me. A feeling of peace came over me, and I knew he was just fine, and I knew God would be with His child when it was time. All of the prayers for the donor family have been heard. It will be in His timing, and He will be with all of those involved.

Love you guys. ~ Elizabeth S.

Tara and Josh said...

Speaking of 28,000 feet.....Last night I was at a hospital board meeting and the Medical Chief of Staff was talking with the board regarding a "20,000 foot view". Basically he was saying that the Docs and hospital administration needs to lift themselves up high enough out of the details of the everyday work/operations so they can see what changes are coming their way (ie technology, Obamacare etc). Of course the analogy is applicable to all of us and the challenges (big and small) we all face. There are many ways to say it but perspective is everything. "Can't see the forest for the trees" or "A pebble held next to your face is much larger than when we put it on the ground."
In this same light, God has an eternal perspective which we are not privilege to. Enough of my yapping...just know that all will be well. Some way or another, all will be well.

Anonymous said...

And we are here to help keep your spirits up!!! I ponder and pray often asking how we could help more.....it is tough because I know everything sits in the Heavenly Father's hands and He will make things happen when it's time, but in the mean time there's always the tug at my heart and soul knowing that time is also what keeps you all in Cali away from your beautiful home, family, friends, and that peace that each of you are longing for. Know that He will Bless you with all the strength needed to endure the journey. Keep taking one step forward and we will continue to add support in any way possible. Loves, hugs, and many prayers xoxoxoxo