Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Quick update on Sierra

Sierra had her biopsy yesterday. It was her annual biopsy. They run a few more tests, like checking the measurements of her arteries, the heart and other valves. They go through her leg instead of her neck, so she has a little longer recovery time. We just received the results of the biopsy and she got a 000000000!!!!! Which means no rejection. So, we don't have to go back to California for 4 months. We are really excited. Sierra did really well this biopsy and recovered really fast from the anesthesia. The doctor's are really pleased with her checkup. No real big med changes, so all is well!!

2 comments:

Em said...

Hooray! I am sure thats such a relief. I was watching a show on transplants the other day and it reminded me of Sierra's story. I can't help, but be moved to tears when I think of the amazing miracles that were performed in her life. I vividly remember my feelings the night before she got her heart. I can only imagine the way you and Jason were feeling. We are so happy that she is doing so well.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becca Gilbert said...

YAY! Stacy I am so happy to hear that!!! I am so grateful that she is doing well! She is such a blessing in all of our lives! Thanks for keeping us updated!