Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fun week!

This was a really fun week for Jason and Sierra, because they were able to go to California and see the other half of our family. It was a fun weekend for the rest of us once they got home. Angel and Trista, I love the video and miss you guys terribly. Friday our church had a mother's and daughters camp out. It is really fun and the girls really look forward to it. I enjoy it because they provide the meals and we just have to bring the camping stuff and stuff for smores. I finally learned how to perfectly cook a smore. I figured out if you put your chocolate bar on one half of the Graham cracker and place it on top of your roasting stick (the U shaped sticks), while roasting your marshmallow to a golden tint. Your chocolate ends up melted just right and place the two together and it is instant ecstasy (that is for you Emily). Of course the girls mostly enjoyed just cooking the marshmallows and I ended up eating over half the smores. This baby is going to come out looking like the pillsbury dough boy (or I will).
Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's. We had a picnic not very far from here. It was really fun. Josh and Justin and families, we missed you. Hope all is well with everyone.

Sierra getting an EKG in the recovery room after her biopsy.


Valerie, one of the nurses that cared for Sierra pre-transplant. Treated Sierra like a queen in recovery after her biopsy.


My two adopted sisters, Angel and Trista.



Hayley (Shawn's sister), Sierra and Ben.




Sierra scratching her nose and Shawn (2years and 2 months waiting for a heart).





Sierra, Lindsey and Megan at our camp site for Mother's and daughters weekend. Yes, we did put the tent up all by ourselves.



The wonderful world of SMORES!!



Lights out and time for bed!



Our picnic today. The kids found some hairy catepillars. I am not sure if they were alive when we left, but the kids had fun playing with them.



Jason, his Dad, and his brother Jake looking at corral designs for the ranch.



Hunter in the middle of it all. Trying to help with the dutch oven cobbler.


3 comments:

Em said...

I was thinking it would be fun to buy some roasting sticks, I think I know what type I will buy (U shaped). I can almost taste the chocolate and marshmellow perfection. MMM, It sounds like a great trip, we wish we could have come (give us a couple more years). Its good to see Sierra's pictures from CA and happy to see all your friends seem to be doing well. miss you guys.

nickandhil'sfamily said...

A fun and full summer has just begun! I love all the pics and it looks like Father's Day was great!

Jen said...

I am so glad that everything went well with Sierra's biopsy. Looks like you guys are having a great summer up in Oregon. I have to tell you... I was watching the wedding video with Erika and a pic came on with you in your dress and Erika said, "look mom... its a princess."