Thursday, January 14, 2016

Thursday report

We are all getting into the groove here in Palo Alto. Gage is doing well with his nightly feeds, dressing changes, fluid intake and other stuff.  Stacy does a good job monitoring all that.

Lindsey and I ride bikes to her school.  Its a good 25 minute bike ride across several busy intersection.  We enjoy the ride, but she is getting close to the point where she wants to do it on her own.  My little girl is growing up.

Megan had a game Tuesday night.  They got beat by Saratoga.  It was good for them.  They play again tomorrow against Los Altos at Gunn.

If you haven't heard, the Dateline show is this Sunday night with a new time 7/6 central, 9 pm Pacific.  So there you go.  Honestly, it is kinda weird to see that stuff. We are just trying to make this all work. Every night we pray how grateful we are that Gage is not in the hospital hooked to the Berlin.  We are able to be together, working, going to school, and participating in school activities here at the RMH. We owe so much to Dr Katz, and the technology available.

Gage is still on the transplant list, but listed as status 7.  This means he is still accruing time as a status 1A (high priority list) but if a heart was available today, he would not accept it.  They still want him even more health and strong before going back on the active list. We are all good with that. Nice to give us a little distance from the last open heart surgery.

Tonight there was group taking photo's here at the RMH.  Attached are some of those pictures. Megan was at practice so Alex had to stand it. It was really fun.









8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update. I hope I can watch the show depending if the station comes in. Love, love, love the pictures.

Linda D said...

Awesome to hear. You are so brave. Will be watching Sunday. Blessing

Beth brown said...

Just watched your dateline story. It hit home for my family. My grandson is on the heart transplant list for 102 days now. Your family is inspirational for us. Thanks for sharing

Loretta B. Stewart said...

Thank you for inspiring me to stay strong. Blessings to you all. #Cancerfighter

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your story. As a person with congenital heart disease after 2 open heart surgeries and a pacemaker/defibrillator I admire not only the parents strength but the bravery of your children. I will be praying for your family. I am a firm believer in prayer. I'm still here. God bless you all. Thank you again

Anonymous said...

I just watched your story on Dateline and probably have never cried as much as I just have for your family. My boyfriend is an oncology nurse and I hear terrible stories from him constantly, but this is unimaginable. The fact that you are all so strong and keep your spirits up proves God's love for your family. I will pray for your beautiful family every night and may He continue to bless you all in the difficult times you continue to face. Big virtual hug!!!

susandavis52@comcast.net said...

God is with you and will help you to bring organ donor awareness to others. He gives us tests to make our testimony! PS: our church family's last name is Bingham, too!

Unknown said...

Hi Stacy and Jason,

I just wanted all of you know that I want to be prayer partners with you all. Each and every one of you are so amazing, your attitudes, resilience, love, and faith are so incredible to see. Thank you for sharing, I think your journey has an effect that will impact others in amazing ways. I am also an RN on a cardiac telemetry unit. My family and I will continue to pray for each of you and that God give the doctors the wisdom to make the best decisions in all situations and continue to guide all medical procedures. Also be praying God keep a hedge of protection around each of you.

Take care and God Bless you all,
Brandee from San Diego