Monday, December 10, 2012

Dec 10, Monday, Sugar Plum Fairy

Stacy here.
Lindsey slept great last night.  Was a little bummed when she had 3 of her favorite nurses on today, but didn't get one of them.  However, she took it in good stride and they made sure they came in on their breaks to visit with her.  Very nice of them. She had a dressing change today, not really improved at all.  It is VERY painful for her to get dressing changes.  If you can imagine, taking raw flesh and scrubbing it with soap and gauze that is not "Downy" soft. She screams and cries during it, but is amazingly strong, she just lies as still as she can.  I think it would be all I could do to not reach up and hit the person scrubbing it.  Dr. Meada, the surgeon, alluded that it is really time for the VAD to come out.  She just really needs a transplant before it will heal.   Today at the playroom she was able to meet the "sugar plum fairy." The fairy was also giving out bears, from Build-A-Bear.  Lindsey was excited to be able to go to the play room.

All the other kids are doing great.  Megan and Sierra have their band concert tomorrow.  We are excited to attend that. Jason is getting ready to go home for a week to get caught up on work.  None of us are looking forward to it, but it must be done.  Grandma Coleman gets to come and stay with a surprise visitor coming a few days later.  We are excited! Gage has his next appointment next week on the 20th. Megan and Hunter get their 6 month check up on the 21st with echo's, EKG's and the works.  Strange to think that 6 months ago was when we found out that all of our kids had signs of DCM.   Here's to hoping for boring check ups with no changes.  One kid at a time!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

My family and I think of you all often continue to be amazed by your courage and strength.

My 6-year-old daughter and I have put together a little Christmas package for Lindsey, but I can't find an address anywhere to get it to her. Can you please email it to me? sbrich@hotmail.com

Have a Merry Christmas...you're all in our thoughts and prayers!

Jessie said...

I want you all to know you are in my prayers at LEAST once daily. Your strength and faith still amaze me and teach me.
I read your posts daily and often go to the comment page and then have no idea what to say. There really are no words for how I feel about your family never even meeting all of you...
There was a movie on the other day called "A Christmas Heart"...made me think of your family instantly. Maybe you've seen it, about a chld getting a heart around Christmas...I saw this as a sign for you Miss Lindsey!
Keep being strong and showing all of us how to be strong as well!
Prayers and love your way...
Jessie Cunningham

Anonymous said...

Hey you all, Lindsey you are amazing! Good job being brave throughout all the little things. I had my vein removed from my leg (really no big deal), but I have thought of you a lot when Bentley kicks it and it hurts or other little things like that. I really admire your courage that you show every day, good job!! love and miss you all!! Em

PS Lyndi is always talking about "her Gage" let me assure you that in her mind he BELONGS to her and only her ;-)