Monday, September 3, 2012

Sept 3, Day 75, Labor day

Lindsey has had a great day.  Since they have minimized her blood draws, her blood count is up to 36 from 23.  That's much better!  We took a long walk down to the Stanford Fountains and looked for money in the water. Took about 40-45 minutes. Still having the pvc's but nothing to alarm the doctors... yet.

Sierra and Megan went with to SF and China Town with the Zangers from the ward.  They have girls the same age as our girls so that was nice. 

Mom did some shopping and playing with the boys and I have been here with our Princess.  To be honest, I had a tough time this morning.  Labor Day is very enjoyable to me, getting firewood, activities with the kids, working on the shop, camping, doing the stuff we all like to do. To say the least, this year has been a little different.  I'm definitely not complaining because......

There has been some other pretty tough stories here lately. For example, a little baby too sick to be put on the Berlin has lost all his fingers on both hands from blood clots relating to the ecmo machine he was on. He has restricted cardiomiopathy which is similar to Lindsey's, and has been running super high fevers.  Hopefully they can get him stable enough for the Berlin. So if I am complaining, I better knock it off. This is just one story. There are tough stories all around us.

Kade and Stephanie's baby Tristen has been moved up here to the 3rd floor.  They are pretty excited about that. 

Lindsey is excited to skype with her 3rd grade class back home.  Molly, when would be the perfect time for you?  Lindsey has class from 9:30 to 11:30 and 1:00 to 3:00 everyday.  Most of the time she will have PT at 3:00 but that is flexible.  She would love to skype during class hours or during the lunch hour.  Just let us know.  My computer is setup and ready (I think).



8 comments:

Kellie said...

So great to hear her doing so well! We continue to fast and pray for your family. Thank you for the great updates. Love the Knowles fiamily.

Anonymous said...

NovaLee is so exsited to bw able to skyp with Lindsey she can hardly wait. Today is ther first day of 3rd grade and is also exsited about that but has told me several times its not going to be the same without her friend in class with her so the skyping will be great. Glad she is doing good pray that a miricale will come very soon. The Shoemakers

Molly Smith said...

Yippee for long walks. I've been awake since 4:00 excited for our first day of school. We have an assembly this morning first off. We'll be back in class when she starts her school. I think we could skype before her afternoon session (maybe the kids come in at 12:15 from lunch?) or for sure first thing tomorrow! These first few days are a bit hectic and non-routine... One of you can send me a text of who's name her skype account is under. WAHOO. The kids will be so excited. Well, me too! Let's not kid anybody about that fact. Here's to another fantastic day for you all. As I said my prayers last night, and prayed for so many, a thought came to me that Mrs. Anderson's birthday is on Saturday, September 8th. Wouldn't that be a great day for Lindsey's transplant? God bless you all and we'll skype REAL SOON! YAY!

Anonymous said...

I agree, September 8 would be a great day :)
Gee, I have been kept so busy that I not taking the time to send you comments. I do read you in the mornings to start my day though. It's like a day without sunshine for me to catch up on your day. You've had busy days lately! And fun ones too, for the most part :) Can't for Lindsey to see her NP classmates! How fun :)
Hang in there, Jason! We know it can't be easy, so keep up the good job!
Are they going to air an update show soon? Wished the timing would've been better for the last show, not enough time in our opinions!
Off to school for me, too. Have agreat day all of you :)
As always, prayers for all and may our Good Lord keep you in his care!
PS A thought came to my mind the other day about Sierra and making new friends...maybe the kids aren't sure about someone as special as Sierra is! A strong, smart and beautiful girl might be intimidating...just a thought :) M.

Janelle said...

It is heartbreaking in a way I can't fathom. Hang in there. You'll be back in your shop and doing all the things you and your family like to do in no time.

Janelle said...

It is heartbreaking in a way I can't fathom. Hang in there. You'll be back in your shop and doing all the things you and your family like to do in no time.

bluee19 said...

Just want to thank you for the updates about your family on a day to day basis. It's not easy what you are all going through but one of many things stand out, you have family and friends all surrounding you all. Please tell your precious daughter we said Hello from Rosemead, Ca. I know the day to day struggles, I have a disabled child.

Take care,
Nicole

Bonnie Bingham said...

Are you taking Gage home with you to North Powder? These updates keep us all on our toe,s. I pray things stay the same for awhile, so you can get home and back..praying fir you every minute...