Sunday, February 8, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

It has been an enjoyable weekend. Aunt Garrity stopped by and so we all (Jason, Megan, Lindsey, Hunter and I) went and ate at IHOP. It is the longest I have been out of the hospital room. I hated to leave Gage, but for EVERY ONES sanity it was best.

He is stable enough that we felt alright with doing that. His feedings are up to 22 mL an hour. He is tolerating them great. His ventilator is at 30% oxygen and he is tolerating that well. Dr. Christensen did a trial run of turning the vent off and seeing how he did. He did good for about a minute and then his oxygen saturation started dropping. So, the doctor decided it will probably be 2-3 more days on the vent. They like to wean him off real slowly so they don't end up having to put him back on if he's not ready. Which, sounds good to me.

Jason just left to head back with the kids. So, it is back in the saddle again of living apart for hopefully no more than 4-5 more days. Happy Birthday Angel! We love and miss you. Thanks for checking on us.

Hunter watching a movie in the hospital room. He didn't even notice us taking the picture.


Aunt Garrity and Lindsey. Lindsey was pretty into the movie too.


Dr. Christensen checking on Gage.


Megan, pulling Lindsey and Hunter in the "milk wagon". Yes, that large box is about 50 bottle of breast milk. Can you say "Moooooo.." I for one will be glad when Gage is eating again!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacy and Jason. We are so happy to hear how well Gage is doing.I have been following your blog all week and Stacy you have got to be a very strong woman.Not that your a wimp Jason.Your family has been through alot! Prayer's are still coming your way from us and so many other's.Hang in there. Julie Kerns

Mark and Kristen said...

Yay Gage!!! I feel like we can finally take a deep breath. Still pulling and praying for you guys.

Christensen Family said...

Stacey I don't know if you remember me but I came across your blog and wanted you to know I will pray for your little boy. we have had are share of hospital days and it is hard. But I do know the lord hears our prayers and is always mindful of our needs. Take care and I will check back.



Amanda (Eliason) Christensen.

TlazyT Family said...

It is so good to hear some good news. Hang in there and we hope to
see you all soon. Prayers are answered.

Colby and Erin

Jen said...

I am so glad that he is doing so well!!!! Cute pics of your kids. You are still in our prayers!!!