Monday, October 22, 2012

Oct 22, Monday - Another Rough Night

11:20 am. Stacy here
I thought we wore Lindsey out yesterday, but apparently not enough. We left her at 7:15, the nurse she had all day was staying over. She took Lindsey for a good walk. Jason called her at 9:30 to check in with her and all was well. At 11:15 she called me unable to sleep. I read her a fun book that we are reading and she calmed down. I thought she had fallen asleep because she wouldn't answer me. However, 2 minutes after I hung up, she called me in hysteria. I talked to her for awhile and got her calmed down. I asked the nurse if she could go and sit with her for 10-15 minutes until she fell asleep. The nurse sat with her and I thought that would be the end. Lindsey called me back at 12:15 am crying again. We talked for awhile and I got her calmed down and then we decided to say a prayer together. Lindsey said good-bye and she finally fell asleep after that. At least I didn't hear from her the rest of the night and neither did Jason.

 This morning she was a little quiet, ornery, and tired. As the morning goes on I hope she pulls out of it. She has one of her favorite nurses today, Shannon (yeahhhh). As far as her infection goes, it was looking better over the weekend. Today it looks more red like it did the first time we noticed it. It is oozing some drainage, which is good. That means the infection is draining out of the inflamed part. However, with her dressing changes going from once a week to every day, her skin is getting badly irritated and extremely sensitive. An area of the skin around her right cannula has broke open. When they clean it, it is very painful. This also doesn't help start her morning off well. They are going to start her on another antibiotic and see if that helps. The infection has not given her any fevers and is not keeping her tied to her room, which is wonderful. These are just small items, all-in-all, she is doing great.

 Crazy afternoon today, Megan has a big game today, they are playing Bowditch Middle School. They are ranked the number one team. So, Megan is nervous and excited for this game. Of course, there is Sierra who always has a TON of homework on Monday's and Gage who is along for the ride. So, I am glad Lindsey has Shannon today to keep her company today in my absence. Hunter was able to go to North Powder today to his 1st grade class that he will be in when we get to go home. He was really excited about that! He will be in the same class as some of his favorite cousins Abigail and Ayla.

6 comments:

The South Pasadena Dornys said...

Stacy and Jason - The next time Jason is out of town, let me know and I'd love to come up and help out. I can watch kids, run errands, whatever you need me to do. I would love that.

Unknown said...

We had a great day with Hunter! It was so nice to see him, make sure he passes on our hugs to all of you!
He is bringing all sorts of things for Lindsey, so I hope that cheers her up. We miss you all & can't wait for your return to North Powder!

Par 5 said...

Stacy!!! Call me when things like this happen! I am here, and would LOVE to go up and sit with Lindsey...even if it is at night, until she falls asleep...I am serious! Jayce can sleep in his car seat, and it's such an easy thing...so, call or text me ANYTIME!!

nickandhil'sfamily said...

Yes Stacy-call some of those great people down there, I hate hearing and feeling how hard this can be at times. You are such a Pioneer Woman! Abigail loved having Hunter here. That is going to be a wild group of cousins. . . I hope Lindsey can get some improvement with her infection! It is like a paper cut with hand sanitizer-BUT on steroids! Love you all-

Anonymous said...

What a joyful day it was today to see and have Mr. Hunter at school...he is such a character and so full of life! He seemed to have really enjoyed his day and hopefully Jason got an ear full tonight about his great day! Sorry to hear Linsdey had another rough night and even more sorry that you are probably seriously exhausted by this evening, so happy Jason will be returning tomorrow. I know how tough it is on you (even emotionally) without your man by your side. You are an incredibly strong lady, Stacy, and you are amazing at handling everything with such tenacity. Hoping and praying that Heavenly Father will bless this night with comfort and sound sleep for all. Loves, hugs, and prayers xoxoxoxo

Sandy Cummings said...

I can understand why Lindsey would be ornery! She is so blessed to have such great support and love from friends and family. Hoping for a heart very soon.