Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Break!

This week was our spring break so I decided to take the kids and head to southern Utah and visit my sister. On Saturday the 22nd we went to Canyonlands National Park and rolled Easter eggs on a small hill of sand rock. Then spent the rest of the day hiking.

This is Newspaper rock, called that because of the hieroglyphics.

Sierra and Lindsey with their Easter eggs.
Hunter rolled one down and then decided to hang on to his other two.
Sierra and Megan with their eggs. I think there were over 10 dozen eggs my sister had colored the day before. Thank you Holly for all your hard work. It was really fun!


This is the hill we were rolling our eggs down. That is my nephew Morris looking at the remnants of eggs.

This is a place in Canyonlands that the cowboys used as shelter. They camped out here or maybe even lived. The tops of the rock underneath is black from the camp fires.

This is an outside picture of the cowboy hacienda. My niece Mya and sister Tiffany are pictured with my kids.

This is called looking glass rock. It is a fun climb. When you get to the top there is a huge bowl on the other side of the rock like a big cave. It was impossible to catch a good picture of it.
Aunt Tiffany, Hunter, Lindsey, Megan, Sierra and Mya at the top of Looking glass.

The Kids and I in our Easter outfits on Easter morning.


Sierra, Megan, Aunt Holly, Morris, Mya and Lindsey making peep zoom buggies out of ho-ho's, peeps, gummy life savers and frosting.


TA-DA... the finished product. This was at my sister Holly's house in Monticello, UT.

On Tuesday the 25th we went biking in Moab, UT. Pictured above is Megan, Sierra, Hunter and Lidsey (in the pull behind), my sister Holly, niece Mya, and my step sister Jenny. Thank you Jenny for taking us biking it was a blast. That was one of the highlights of the trip for my kids.

Born to bike!! Doesn't he look intimidating.

Our last stop in Southern Utah was the house that Jason lived in until he was 2. It was still there just with new siding and new roofing. It was really hard to get a good picture of it, but it was exciting to see the house in Moab, where Jason started. His parents moved here to Eastern Oregon from Moab, UT.

2 comments:

Em said...

What a fun trip to S. Utah! It looked like you guys did a lot of fun things. You never cease to amaze me how you just do everything, even with 4 kids in tow. I will never forget our hike down to the lake with all of those tired babies! The thing is, you do those things all the time and it doesn't even phase you!!! impressive!

Becca Gilbert said...

I had never realized that Jason would have lived in Utah- for some reason to me he is purely from Oregon! I guess I should've figured he lived here at some point! I'm glad you guys had a nice spring break- away from tax season!