Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Last Monthly Biopsy

So, after my last post, I sat here and fretted for 2 days.  Not feeling great about heading home for a week.  Then, on Sunday morning, I decided I would pack for only a couple days.  If it still didn't feel great, I would not go.  I think going more short term gave me a better peace of mind.  Sierra, Gage and I loaded up and headed home to Oregon.  We made it home in time to spend the evening of Father's Day with Jason and most of his family.  It was REALLY nice to be home and together.    It was a good time to return home, as some of the kids were having meltdowns.  The weight of us being apart and single parent families is beginning to take its toll.  Again brief, but enough to reset and get strength to finish off this last week for everyone.

Gage and I drove back on Thursday, in time for his clinic on Friday.  There really are no changes they made.  Everything has seemed really stable.  IF his biopsy is a zero or 1A tomorrow, we have been given the okay to return home for good! Who knows how long that will last, but we will soak in every minute of it. In the meantime, we have been finding ways to keep busy.  Gage went with one of his good friends, Efraim, from the RMH to a trampoline park.  We all had a great time! He jumped and rock climbed and enjoyed those activities he wasn't able to do on a VAD.  Thanks for going with us Melissa and Efraim!


Sierra's halter monitor came back looking completely normal.  So far, all of the tests they performed have come back normal.  I asked Sierra if she thought it was because of stress and some anxiety.  She simply replied, "what am I stressed about?" Okay, then I guess it isn't stress.  She is so funny,  I would love to see the world through her eyes.  The plan for now, is for Sierra to keep a journal and see if there is a pattern to activities she is doing, stuff she is eating or what exactly is causing the chest pain. They have dulled a little in their intensity and she is not having them every day.  So that is encouraging.  

I will update with Gage's results later.  Wish us luck, here is to finally going home for good!!









 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers for the all clear to go home!

ReNae Coelman said...

Our prayers are that you and Gage will be on the road first thing Thursday morning!!! And hopefully stay home for a long, long time!

Anonymous said...

Prayers said, fingers crossed ... Lookin' forward to having you all home. We sure do miss you. Phil and Judy

Reine and Kent Bingham said...

Thank you for the update, Stacy and Jason too (June 14). The Bingham families are the greatest!!

Much love and many prayers.

The Reading Nook said...

Thank you for the update. I hope Gage's biopsy results are good and that he will be able to go home for good! I'm glad Sierra's chest pain is getting better!

Anonymous said...

Hoping all goes well,praying you can stay home for a very very long time. Kay P

jennifercav said...

Fingers are crossed. I am so hoping you guys can head home for the summer!!!!

Bina said...

Fantastic news, Stacy and Fam! Please send an update as soon as you hear tomorrow. Hugs and God's love to all. Xo