Monday, October 17, 2016

Day 343

October 17, 2016
Day 343.
Exciting week coming up. No change with Gage’s status, but life is going to get really exciting for the next three days. Stacy’s grandpa, Glen Hobbs, passed away after a very full life. He was 90+ years old and was ready to see his dear wife.  I strongly encourage Stacy to go to Utah for the funeral.  It will be so good for her to spend stress free time with her siblings, parents and extended family.  So, she will be flying out tomorrow (Tuesday  noonish) and returning Thursday afternoon.  That’s all well and good, but that means someone has to pickup the slack in Calif.  That is where I come in.  I am flying back to Calif tonight (Monday) and putting on my big boy pants to take care of the crew.  Stacy started giving me a list, but I told her to hold off until I was there and acclimated back to Calif life.  As I have said before, it is quite an adjustment to each time I travel from our rural lifestyle in Eastern Oregon to the busy compact urban live of Palo Alto.  So far I have gathered there is 2 clinic appointments, a blood draw, Gage’s school, and Lindsey’s volleyball game and something else…..I think.   Stacy has been running the show for months now, I think I can handle 3 days! 

Sierra had a biopsy a few days ago.  She got a 1a.  Wish it could have been a zero, but we will take it.  Her heart pressures were up slightly, but still within normal ranges.  No changes to her meds and not sure when they will want to see her again.

Megan’s volleyball disticts is this Saturday in LaGrande.  This will determine if they go to state or not.  There will be some tough teams to beat out to get there.  I will be flying back Friday so I can support her in that.

Basically, life is matches on. 

Till next time
Jason

       

2 comments:

Karen W said...

So sorry about your grandpa Stacey. Glad you will get to be with your extended family and be able to attend his service. Wishing you a lot of luck of the next three days Jason, but know you can do it. You've got the two older girls to give you helpful reminders and support. But most importantly just remember to look at your list(s). Still wearing Aurelius' bracelet in support of his transplant wait...he looks so good in his recent pictures...so glad he is able to attend regular school this year. You and Stacey are rocks...even though I'm sure there's days and minutes where you don't feel like me. Constant prayers, love and support to your family...with a lot of extras for Gage, Stacey and yourself.
Karen W

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear how it goes