Sunday, March 27, 2016

March 26 thoughts

Saturday morning.

Flying back to Calif after another good week of work at home.  Have to admit, the house in Oregon could really use my wife’s touch.  Kinda has that guy feeling (and probably smell) to it. When I am home I keep a very simple life style. Get up, a little exercise, eat some eggs and toast, call the wife on the way to work, office till late, head home, eat something my dear mother provides, call the family, to bed.  Then do the exact same thing the next day.  My day rises and falls by how Gage and the crew are doing.  When he is down, I struggle, but when he is up, it’s all good.  I still fight the same issues I talked about back in the Lindsey day, ‘not letting the highs get to high or the lows to low’, and ‘keeping that little demon off my shoulder’.  Even though I keep saying it, I still struggle with doubts and fears. I know Stacy does too, we just doesn’t talk about it much.  Still wonder why this is all happening.  It just doesn’t make sense sometimes. 

Our faith is still strong, it is what binds us together.  One thing I have noticed with Stacy and the kids, they seem to have let go of Oregon and have embraced the Calif, Palo Alto lifestyle.  We have to, it doesn’t do any good moping around missing Oregon.  On the other hand, I have work, clients, and ranch (and Axelrod our dog) all back in Oregon.  I don’t have the ability to let go of Oregon.  I literately have one week in Oregon then one week in Calif.  Both of which require all the time I can give and then some. 

The other night I went over to Jake and Wendy’s for a late dinner.  I was extremely tired but went over anyway.  It was really nice to see them, especially the nieces and nephews.  Made me feel good when the kids wanted to see ‘Uncle Jason’.  Sad to hear they postponed the family reunion this summer because of Gage and other issues.  Someday this will be over and we can do some fun things with the cousins.

I was talking to Jeff my good ole college buddy.  We are always coming up with some fun crazy vacation idea to do with our families.  Fun to dream of this stuff, but for now Stacy and I are pinned in this situation.  Probably one of the biggest things we miss about Oregon is our Sunday dinners.  Sierra made the fruit salad, Megan made the rolls, Lindsey and I barbeque the steaks, hunter and Gage pealed and mashed the potatoes, and Stacy supervised the show.  Then we invite family or friends over to share it with.  It is a neat memory for all of us.  But really, it’s all good, it really is, we are doing fine, kids are doing well dealing with normal kid stuff, I was just sharing some of my deeper thoughts. 

Sunday
Had a great Easter Sunday with the family.  Spent the evening at our good friends the Zengers.  Busy week ahead with checkups, blood draws, school, homework, baseball games, cub scouts, kids sports, band concert, and tax season. 

Sierra picked me up from the airport.  It was the first time she drove solo from Palo Alto to San Jose airport.  Did a great job, no issues to report.

Still growing my hair out.  Getting a lot of curls we haven't seen since I was a baby.  Going through plenty of hair jell, no man bun yet, but time will tell.  My mother loves to see those baby curls back.  

Regarding the wrist bands, my mother is helping distribute bands to anyone that wants them. We are still not charging for them, but if anyone wants to donate to the kids heart fund that would be fine.  If you would like some, please e-mail me your request at jason@bbwcpa.net.    

Interesting statistic, Gage has now waited half as long as Lindsey did.  He is at day 142, Lindsey waited 285. Bring it on....  









7 comments:

Linda D said...

Wonderful pictures and thank you so much for all the posting. I know it takes time and you all have so much on your plate already. Will be contacting your mom about brackets. Blessings to you and your family.

Danyell Nesser said...

Nice to hear Gage is hanging tough. And Sierra is a driving machine !!! Airports are scary �� Hard to hear about your struggles. All things that I would assume you and Stacy are going thru, but to actually hear your thoughts hurts my heart...your doing an amazing job Jason. We are still missing the family very very much. Please send them our love. I'll get with your mom on the bracelets. Thanks for the updates. It's nice to feel in the loop. Let me know if we can do anything over at the house to help.

Danyell Nesser said...

Nice to hear Gage is hanging tough. And Sierra is a driving machine !!! Airports are scary �� Hard to hear about your struggles. All things that I would assume you and Stacy are going thru, but to actually hear your thoughts hurts my heart...your doing an amazing job Jason. We are still missing the family very very much. Please send them our love. I'll get with your mom on the bracelets. Thanks for the updates. It's nice to feel in the loop. Let me know if we can do anything over at the house to help.

Lacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lacey said...

I'm so excited to hug these sweet kiddos this week!!! Love you guys so much!!! Sierra driving solo in the city, woot woot girl!!! That's something I've never done! Jason I love hearing your real feelings and thoughts, it keeps things in perspective. I respect your and your family so much!!! Much love, see you soon!

Lacey said...

I'm so excited to hug these sweet kiddos this week!!! Love you guys so much!!! Sierra driving solo in the city, woot woot girl!!! That's something I've never done! Jason I love hearing your real feelings and thoughts, it keeps things in perspective. I respect your and your family so much!!! Much love, see you soon!

Janl said...

You have a great little family and I hate how this must feels inside. You both do a good job of being positive, but we all know you are not a robot. Love to you and yours.