Monday, May 10, 2010

Baker's Mini Triathalon

Saturday was Baker's first mini-triathlon. It was a 400m swim, 6 mile bike and a 1 mile run. My workout partner, Ronda, and I decided to sign up for it and have been training for it since February. Jason's Dad participated in it as well as my sister-in-law Tara. Dale did great and says he will do it again next year. Tara was a trooper and very amazing. I called her at the end of April and asked her if she wanted to do the race since she would be here that weekend. She was excited and agreed to do it. She did absolutely awesome!! Thank you Tara for being so fun!

It was a great way to spend the morning and a lot of fun!


Ronda and I before the race.


Tara kicking rear on her swim.



Our awesome cheering squad!



Tara done with her swim getting dressed for the biking.


And She's off!



Me, very nervous getting ready to start the race.


Finished with the swimming and starting my biking.


Our cheering squad with Aunt Garrity's fun signs!


Ronda starting the final event the run!


Ronda and I just after crossing the finish line.



Tara and I after the race. Tara looking like she could do it again. Me, well the picture speaks volumes.


Dale, Tara and I all done! We went to take this picture and discovered that all 3 of us parked our bikes in the same spot. We didn't have to move them for the picture. It was pretty funny. Great minds think alike!

6 comments:

JasonBingham said...

Dear,
You are awsome, maybe I'll do it with you next time.

Leslie said...

Stacy it looks like you guys had so much fun. Great job.

Tara and Josh said...

I agree with my brother that you all did awesome! Thanks for providing fun entertainment.

Em said...

Wow, you 3 are awesome! This will help inspire me to start working out a little better. What a great way to spend your birthday!

The South Pasadena Dornys said...

Congrats everyone! What a fun race. We need to find one that we can ALL do next year. That would be so much fun!

Dean and Dawnie said...

Oh, you are all amazing! Congratulations on a great achievement....the finish line.

I loved watching and watching your cheer group of cute kids.