Sunday, December 27, 2009

Jeff, This ones for you!!

While we were at Volterra, Stacy and I went to a torture museum. My ole college buddy, Jeff Yeck, wanted to see the pictures. So here we go...

It was amazing the horrible things that were done to people during the truly 'dark ages'.

It didn't take stacy and I very long to get sick to our stomach thinking this stuff was actually done to people. Stacy read most of the captions under to torture device. I had to step away from some of the displays once I noticed what it was or how it was used. Some of the items we couldn't take a picture of. Below are all the pictures we took.

All of the devices were used to prove a point to on lookers. The person tortured usually died.

Keanna standing by some kind of torture chair.

People were put in this with horrible stuff.

Forks strapped on as shown.


The bakers chair.

Self explanatory. This one was was a relief because death came very quickly. Not like the other devices that took hours or days.
In the back left victims were chained to the wheel and wrapped around pole like the pictures on a tractor's pto shaft. If you can see the pictures next to the item shows how it was used.

The saw in the middle was used to cut people half after hung upside down. The item on the right was a head crusher. ( I couldn't read the discriptions, the pictures said it all. Made me sick)

Victims were chained in upside down then their boules were removed and rolled up on a wheel.

Stretch table.

Iron Maden. Victims were put in and the doors were closed very slowly, over a 2-3 day period.
Notice the spikes inside.

Again, I nice quick death. But sometimes it could take 3-5 whacks depending on the skill and drunkeness of the executioner.

There you go Jeff, give me a call and I can tell you about the 'pear' other other horrible items not included in the pictures.


This was the 'toilet' used in 'water closets' . I thought this was a torture device as well. pretty funny story with this one.

Later

2 comments:

Em said...

I am really happy that we didn't take our kids into that museum. I think Keanna would still be having nightmares.

Happy Birthday Lindsey!!!!!!

Tara and Josh said...

What a nice way to leave your Europe trip. how about a little Christmas cheer update to lighten the mood?