Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Small changes (I'll take that)

Thanks again for your comments.

Just talked to Stacy. Pretty complicated how they are juggling med's and the ventilator to try to find the right mix.

They adjusted the vent this morning, and he seems to be tollerating it. Also, they dropped 2 drugs which was lowing his blood pressure, (among other things). Again, he seems to be handling it. His urine output is up just a bit. He as lowered some of the puffyness, but has a long way to go.

Dr Christensen says he is not a typical case, because everytime they adjust a med or the vent, he does well for 1-2 hours, then starts to slip. He also seems to react opposite to what they expect. That's not good or bad, its just challenging for the Drs. So, they just keep working at it.

Tara, my brother's wife from Rexburg, has spent the day with Stacy and Gage. Thank you for your help.

Remember, its not IF it's WHEN.

Jason

6 comments:

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

Every little bit helps! I think that your family should have that saying "Its not IF, its WHEN" on a sign in your house somewhere. It seems to define you and your family and your faith. It could be your family motto.

Anonymous said...

Changes are changes even if they are small. It sounds like Gage is making baby steps, which at this point is AWESOME!! Thank you for the updates.
Calvin, Theresa, Royce, Chase, Zack, Cody

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let Jason know that I agree with him on what a strong and awesome wife he has. The trials your family has faced the last few years are incomprehencible (if that is how you spell it) to me. I am so amazed at the strength and faith your family has exercised and shown.
Gage is in our every prayer whether it be for meals, family or personal.
I am at a loss for words of what to say at a time like this but just know that we love you guys and will continue to pray for Gage.
Love The Campbell's

Em said...

I like that its not IF but WHEN! I agree with the Clingers, that would be a great motto to have hanging on a sign in your home. I'm happy Tara could come over and help. It's great to have a positive change!

Becca Gilbert said...

What is that saying? "By small and simple things, great things come to pass?" Each small and simple step is HUGE!!! I am so glad that he is doing a bit better! You guys are so strong, your faith just absolutely amazes me. I agree with Kellie on the family motto for sure!!

Anonymous said...

Jason and Stacy,

Just wanted you to know that we are always thinking about you. The first thing out of Bob's mouth when he gets home from work is: "How is Gage." We pray for you night and day. The kids too.

Your friends Bob and Eva